Sunday, November 18, 2012

I'm such a slacker: Day 15, 16, 17 and 18!

Day 15-Bible verse

1 Corinthians 13

New International Version (NIV)
13 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.
 
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
 
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
 
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
 
While I know it may be very cliche for this to be the bible verse that I post, I can't help it. Way before it was in the movie A Walk to Remember, it was my favorite bible verse. It is my favorite simply for what it says about love. I will eventually get the wall sticker in the above picture too.

Day 16-Dream house
This is exactly what I dream of when it comes to a house. Jarrett and I are not rushing into buying a home at this point because there is no point in it when we could get stationed somewhere different any time now. With our luck, we would buy one and then all of a sudden get orders and we do not want the hassle of selling it or renting it out to someone we don't know.
 
It is hard though because EVERYONE is buying a home right now and I'm just a tad bit jealous, but by the time it is right for us to buy a home, we'll be able to get exactly what we want. We don't fill the need to rush into anything. Everyone gets married then rushes into buying a house then rushes into having a lot of kids,  and they just rush, rush, rush! What happened to taking your time? When the time is right, we will have our huge house in the country with kids and puppies to fill it with, so until then, I will not worry and no one should worry about what we are doing! :)

Day 17-Something you're looking forward to
I am looking forward to Wednesday at 5 o'clock because that means that my mom, brothers and Sophie bug will be at my house for Thanksgiving. We are having it at our house this year consisting of my mother in law making the turkey and ham, my mom doing all of the sides and me making the pumpkin pie and chocolate pie of which I have never made before. Nevertheless, I am very excited to see my family again, plus I really enjoy having a full house!

Day 18-Something you regret
I honestly regret nothing. Yes, there are a select few things that I wish I could go back and change or even erase from my life, but those select things played a huge part in how my life has turned out. All of the bad things bring us to all the really good things. How boring would life be if everything was perfect all the time? Yeah, pretty boring. I wouldn't change a thing about all of the things that have brought me here today. Not one thing!
 
Katie<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing what you have to say, so comment away! You can also reach me through e-mail @ khayman27@gmail.com! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...