Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter weekend visit

I had an awesome Easter weekend full of food, family, puppies and worship! Hoping yours was just as good. Thursday night my mom and older brother Matt came into town. They got here around eight o'clock and the puppies went crazy as usual when they saw each other! So hilarious! Friday I had to work, but I only had to work until three plus mom and Matt made my day by bringing me Schlotzsky's for lunch. Such a delicious lunch! Later when I got off work, we went out to dinner at Cancun Mexican restaurant! Yes, my family and I love to go out to eat so usually we got out a lot when we're together. Not that we don't all love to cook, we just like going out because we don't get to see each other a lot. After dinner my brother went with me to go grocery shopping. I hate going grocery shopping by myself so it was nice to have a companion with me this time.

Saturday I had to work, but got off early again. When I got home my younger brother Chris had arrived finally. It was great to have my mom and both brothers here for Easter. When Chris got here we went out to dinner at Smokey Bones and it was so delicious. We wanted to go to a restaurant that none of us had been to before and we all loved it! After dinner we went home and mom and I stayed in with the pups while the boys went to Barnes and Noble.

Sunday as you know from my previous post, we went to Easter Sunday service at 10:45 and then decided to keep lunch simple and go to Cracker Barrel instead of cooking like usual. After lunch we came back to the house, the boys had to hit the road around three and then mom and I just hung out at home the rest of the night. I actually took about a two hour nap later on and for those of you that really know me, you know I don't usually take naps! Perfect ending to a wonderful day!

Yesterday, I actually had to work, but I had today off instead since my mom went home today. After work Monday, we took the pups for a walk and took them over to my MIL and FIL's new town home to visit and get Leo use to their new place. We all had a great time! Today mom and I ran errands and went to TGI Friday's for lunch. So yummy! After lunch we went and finally got my car washed then we went on base so mom could get her okra from Church's Chicken. My mom has a slight obsession with okra, so she usually gets a thing of it before every drive back home. She cracks me up!

I hate when it's time for my family to leave, but I'll be visiting them this weekend. My best friend Erica is due to have her baby girl Austyn, so I am planning a trip home this weekend mainly to see her. I am so ready to meet this little princess and hopefully I'll get to this weekend! Pictures will definitely be coming soon!






























No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing what you have to say, so comment away! You can also reach me through e-mail @ khayman27@gmail.com! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...