Monday, October 22, 2012

Weekend stuff!

 
My weekend was pretty good. Friday I worked all day, but it was pay day so I was a happy girl. When I got off at the store, I did what most girls do when they get paid...I went shopping! I really needed to get some new dressy pants for work since my favorite black pair are so worn out. While looking for pants I decided to look for a couple of more dressy tops to go with my new pants. I wanted to add a little more to my dressy clothes wardrobe. 
 
When I graduated two years ago, I went dress clothing/interview clothes shopping like a crazy person. I couldn't wait to buy pencil skirts, blazers, gorgeous professional tops, trousers and more flats and heels. I bought all of these items and even though I haven't found my full time position yet, I still get to wear all of them. When I have an interview, I have all the means to make myself very presentable whether I get the job or not. I also get to wear most of my wardrobe to my retail position. I feel lucky to have a position that harps on the professionalism of clothing in the workplace. I get to go to work every day in the store wearing my black trousers, my dressy tops and my comfortable black flats.
Even though I was strictly dress clothes shopping, I snuck in a $10 adorable scarf from New York and Company. I'm in love!
I ended up getting three tops and the black pants I so desperately needed. The blue top is a wrap around blouse that I found at New York and Company for $10 on sale. It had originally been $34.99! Steal! The other two shirts and the black wide leg trousers are from the brand Worthington at JC Penny. I got the tops and pants for $45 total! I love when I get a good deal! I just might start blogging about each good deal I get when I go shopping since it seems to be so frequently!
 
I had also ordered new perfume online from Macy's of which it was sitting on my door step when I came home from work that night. I ordered Rose Gold from Michael Kors. It smells absolutely amazing.
With my order they sent me free samples of Gucci's new perfumes and a couple of other perfumes, plus a free Michael Kors tote bag pictured below. Yay for free stuff.
 
Saturday I worked all day and then the hubby and I had date night. He took me to Cheddar's for a delicious dinner and then he took me to Coldstone for dessert. So yummy! We then came home and both passed out from exhaustion. I then had Sunday and today off thank goodness. I love that store, but man it burns me out sometimes. Sunday Jarrett and I went back to church after not going in almost three months. It's not that we didn't want to go, we just have had a lot going on lately with the puppy and me having to work some Sundays. Sometimes you just get caught up in your life and forget some important things like going to church. It felt amazing to get back in to it again though. I feel better about my life and my future when I hear God's word. It's as if he is reassuring me that everything will work out and be fine.
 
After church we took Leo to the groomers of which took forever. I'm not really going to get in to it all with you guys, but we were about to go all crazy customer on them lol. Our anger may have also steamed from the awful lose our team suffered. Yes, our Ravens lost really bad, but hey, every team is entitled to a really bad loss every now and then. I still and will always love my Ravens. Needless to say, we weren't very happy campers most of the day. It all got better thought when we went over to my in-laws for dinner and more football. My mother in-law's cooking is so amazingly good I can barely put it in to words. I'll just show you instead.
BBQ chicken, salad with cucumbers and Italian dressing, spinach and cheese casserole and cheesy couliflowers. Yummy x10!
She always makes the best desserts too. She is where I get most of my baking inspiration from. This little masterpiece is a pumpkin layered cake with cream cheese frosting in between and caramel, slivered almonds and whipped cream on top. I almost died when I took my first bite
After the Patriots/Jets game we went back home and spent the rest of the evening playing and being silly with Leo (as you can see above) and watching our favorite Sunday night show The Walking Dead. It's a pretty gross show, but it's also really really good. You should jump on the bandwagon and check it out.
 
Hoping that you all had a fantastic weekend,
 and wishing you great weekends to come!
 
Katie<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing what you have to say, so comment away! You can also reach me through e-mail @ khayman27@gmail.com! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...