Sunday, October 14, 2012

Weekend stuff!

This weekend was filled with saying goodbye to a co-worker at Hallmark, a crazy grocery shopping trip by MYSELF, good cooking, an awesome Ravens game and me actually getting to spend time with my husband for a change. We have such opposite schedules so it gets hard to spend quality time together. Plus, he has worked the past two weekends, and not short shifts either. Sunday is usually the only day that we might have off together, so we make it count.
So this lovely picture above is of Rachel and I modeling our awesome Halloween witch hats. I met Rachel when I started at Hallmark a little over a year ago. She has literally become my first real friend since I moved to Virginia, and I am so thankful for her and our friendship. I seriously don't know what I would do without her. I usually meet people and obtain friends really quick when it comes to new situations, but when I moved here, that was not the case. Yes I met a lot of military people of course, but nothing really turned in to Army Wives like I thought it might. Having to go back to retail because I just couldn't find the right full time job was so hard, but meeting her made it all the better. I wouldn't trade how things turned out for anything. Anyways, Rachel was in the same boat as me when it came to looking for a full time position, and she found hers. Saturday was her last day at the store and although I'm sad, I'm so excited for her and all the amazing things that she'll accomplish at her new job. No one deserves it more. Don't worry though, this changes nothing about our friendship. No matter if we work together or not, or if Jarrett and I get stationed somewhere new, we'll always be best friends. We always seem to get in to something together, so stay tuned for future posts about our escapades! :)
 
The pictures below are of the gifts and things that we got her for her last day.
 I saw this adorable picture frame at TJ Maxx and just had to get it for her! I inserted my favorite picture of us in it so she never forgets all the crazy times we had there! :)
While I was checking out at TJ Maxx, I saw this cute little owl note pad. Rachel loves owls so I figured this little nick nack would go perfect with her picture frame. She loved both gifts.
Our Manager, Diane, had this all set up for her when we came in to work yesterday morning. She didn't suspect a thing. Flowers, balloons, a chocolate cake, a book of friendship and a card signed by everyone at the store was just the way to send her off to her new job.
 
Today, the husband and I had a lazy morning at home just hanging out with our awesome puppy and then we had a delicious lunch at Firehouse Subs. After lunch it was football time. I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before, but we are die hard Ravens fans. Actually, we are die hard any Maryland team. It was a weird game because the Ravens played the Cowboys. My mom was rooting for the Cowboys while we of course were rooting for the Ravens. Don't get me wrong, I do love most Texas teams because I'm from Texas, but I have lived in Maryland practically my whole life, so I want to root for my Maryland teams. We almost lost the game like two times, but we got lucky today and won.
 
While the game was on, I made a peanut butter pie by Paula Deen. Ever since Jarrett brought me back her dessert cook book from Georgia, I have been reading through it a lot saving the recipes I want to try. I actually would love to bake my way through the whole cook book just like in Julie and Julia, but I'm not sure I'm that brave. I LIKE cooking, but I LOVE baking. I'm not a real skilled baker, but I still try, and I love it every time. Below is my yummy peanut butter pie along with the recipe. The recipe is Paula's, but I decided to add on the peanut butter chips and Reese's cups to make it my own a little!
 
Laura's Peanut Butter Pie
 
CRUST:
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 2 teaspoons milk
 
FILLING:
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 1 5.1-ounce box instant vanilla pudding
  • 2 1/2 cups milk
  • 1 8-ounce container frozen whipped topping thawed
 
  • Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie pan.
  • Blend all crust ingredients together in a bowl with a spoon and press into prepared pan.
  • Bake crust 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and allow to cool.
  • For filling, using a fork, mix peanut butter and confectioners' sugar until crumbly.
  • Sprinkle peanut butter mixture into bottom of baked pie shell.
  • Beat pudding mix with milk for 2 minutes, using a handheld electric mixer.
  • Pour mixture on top of peanut butter mixture. Spread with whipped topping.
  • Add peanut butter chips and a few Reese's cups to the whipped topping.
  • Refrigerate several hours before serving.
All and all it was a great weekend. No complaints here! Now, after the season premiere of The Walking Dead with the hubby, I'll be ready for another busy week.
 
Katie<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing what you have to say, so comment away! You can also reach me through e-mail @ khayman27@gmail.com! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...