Monday, October 15, 2012

Another dachshund please!

I'm really surprised that every single blog post isn't about Leo. He is literally the best dog ever and I could talk about him and his cuteness all day long. I never thought I could love an animal this much, but I really do. I just love dachshunds period. I told Jarrett the other day that we could just have a farm full of dachshunds and no children, and I would be a happy camper. Just kidding though. As much as I would love to have a house full of adorable dachshunds, I do want real children too haha! I'm pretty sure my obsession as stemmed from my mom's obsession with them. Ever since she got her dachshund Sophie, I knew Jarrett and I had to get one too. Jarrett wasn't as obsessed with them as my mom and I are, but now Leo has stolen his heart and he is an avid dachshund lover.
 
I just can't get over how fast puppies grow up. Leo has gone from being able to sit in my hand to this bigger and much longer puppy. He is finally crate trained, completely potty trained with no more accidents, he sits for treats, he listens when we tell him "no", he goes in his crate when it's time for bed without us telling him to, and all in all, he's amazing if I do say so myself. Here are some pictures of him when we first got him leading up to now.
Leo at 8 weeks I believe. What a cutie pie!
Laying on his car blanket at the breeder's house. Such a little boy.
Sleeping on Jarrett when we first got him back to my mom's house. He was just a tad bit worn out.
Sleeping with dad after he just got home from deployment. This is by far my most favorite picture. If I'm having a bad day, I just look at this and I'm all better.
My two happy boys!
Happy sleeping puppy! He literally melts my heart when he smiles in his sleep.
 Every time we're eating a meal, this is what he does. He's so good at standing on his back legs. I feel like putting a sign on him that says "Will do tricks for food"! Haha!

My mother in law sent me this picture of him the other day looking out her window. So freaking precious!
 
So, it's not official or anything yet, but I'm hoping that once Leo is a year old or so that we can get another dachshund. I love having a little boy, but I NEED a little girl doxie. I've already picked out her name, that's how bad I want another one. Her name will be Madeline and we will call her Maddie for short! I want a little girl that I can dress up in cute little pink and purple outfits and show her off to the world. Yes, I'll be one of those owners that dresses her up in cute frilly little outfits. We bought Leo a rain coat the other day and he loved it, so we'll probably buy him more clothes soon since he'll actually wear them. I really want a long haired dachshund this time. The long haired ones are so gorgeous. I just want a dachshund that looks a little different than Leo.
 
Leo won't be a year old until April, so I'm trying to already budget and plan again like I did before. I'm hoping we'll be ready for another one by April because I really want Leo to have a companion. It's just hard because one puppy is definitely enough most of the time, and I feel like I might lose my mind with two puppies. It doesn't take much for me to get overwhelmed, and that was certainly the case when we brought Leo home. Now that he's much older, it's not so hard anymore, so at least I know it gets easier over time. I'm sure we can handle it. At least this time the planning isn't so hard being as we'll probably get her from the same breeder we got Leo from. Plus her prices are very reasonable and she's awesome to work with.
 
So stay tuned for when and if this happens! Also be prepared for more dachshund posts in the future! :)
 
Katie<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing what you have to say, so comment away! You can also reach me through e-mail @ khayman27@gmail.com! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...