Tuesday, October 8, 2013

You're an Overcomer

The song "Overcomer" by Mandisa has definitely been my life line since getting to Alaska. I have dealt with so much over the past few years and God has been with me every step of the way helping me to become an overcomer. I've mentioned previously before that I have been trying to obtain a career for a while now. I've been out of college for three years and because of the economy, my fears, my mistakes and the military life all rolled into one, I haven't started a career yet, until now that is. I really think Alaska is a place of dreams because my dreams are coming true one after the other.

So, after interviewing with Alaska USA Federal Credit Union three times, I was offered a position with their company as a Member Service Representative at the branch right by base. I am so excited to be working for a very reputable company where I will be making a decent salary, be able to have many advancement opportunities in the near future, really good benefits and paid time off so I can have visitors and be able to fly home for visits. This is basically everything that I have been looking for in a full time position! I might still be working part time at Hallmark just because I love the store and I love my discount, but I am still trying to decide if I want to or not. Having a little extra money would be pretty awesome, but we will see. This job just offers so many opportunities for me in the future. There are a lot of things that Jarrett and I want to do and accomplish and this just puts the icing on the cake for those things to get accomplished!
In the midst of feeling like an overcomer, my favorite radio station K-Love is doing their Fall pledge drive to keep their station on air. I have pledged in the past, but it has been many years since I have done so. Today I decided to pledge $20 a month and have it taken out of my account every month. The pledge drive started on October 1st and ever since it started I have been pondering pledging monthly ever since it started. In the past I have just pledged a one time $20 gift, but today, I felt so compelled to do more and do a monthly gift instead!

Today was my day off from the store so I decided to do some Fall clothes shopping. As I was on my way to Kohl's, Mandisa's Overcomer came on the radio and I just lost it in the car. K-Love is using this song as their motivation for the Pledge drive, so I hear it on the radio almost every day, but today was different. I cried and prayed at the same time. I don't know about you, but I sometimes pray in the car! Being in the car by myself gives me private time with God so sometimes I just let it all out. Listening to that song just made me so emotional. I had a moment of feeling overwhelmed by God's blessings! I prayed and thanked God for everything that he has done for me over these past couple months! God has sent a flood of blessings to my family and I could not be more grateful to him! While I was sitting in the Kohl's parking lot, I decided then and there to call and do my pledge to K-Love! I talked to an awesome gentleman on the phone and gave my monthly pledge. God was calling me to give. I am only comfortable giving $20 a month for now, but I hope to raise my pledge to $40 a month soon. I know we are supposed to give until it hurts and I want to eventually give more each month! I urge you all to give too. It is the best radio station and I could not live without it every day.
I also urge you to listen to Overcomer. We all have obstacles to overcome and if we just hold tight and fix our eyes on him, we can overcome anything! There is nothing that we cannot do and there is nothing too big for God!
 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing what you have to say, so comment away! You can also reach me through e-mail @ khayman27@gmail.com! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...