Friday, February 1, 2013

Plan B!

So, this week has not been a very good one. Jarrett filed our taxes and we definitely did not get back what we normally do every year. I am not exactly sure why, but we are barely getting back any money. We were counting on this money for my trip to visit him and it was a big key factor in the trip actually working out, but now it looks like it is not going to happen. At first I was really upset because this is not the first time a trip has not gone as planned for us! We have tried to have a honeymoon before and long story short, it did not happen for many reasons. So, instead of my trip to visit him on this deployment, we are going to finally start a vacation fund so that we can save for a while and really take an honest to goodness trip together maybe later on this year or early next year! We also know that this will not be his last deployment, nor his last deployment out of the country, so there will be plenty of more times when we will have the means for me to come visit!

It just fascinates me that every time we try to take a trip somewhere, there are so many hurdles to jump through while there are people that go on trips all the time with no issues what so ever. It just amazes me. I mean, do we just have bad travel luck or what? Sheesh! Oh well, I am just trying to look on the bright side and not be so negative and pessimistic about things. I don't want to complain or whine about anything in my life. I want to be blessed and grateful always no matter what curve balls are thrown my way.

I tell you though, in three months, we are going to have one hell of a homecoming, that's for sure! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing what you have to say, so comment away! You can also reach me through e-mail @ khayman27@gmail.com! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...