Thursday, September 6, 2012

We're all grown up!

Freshman homecoming 2001

 Senior English haha

Senior English again..you know you love my face! :P

I believe this is a couple days after graduation in 2005


Lately, I've found myself reminiscing a lot. I've been thinking about all my childhood friends and everyone that I went to school with. Some of these people I've known since I was two, some since first grade, some since middle school and most of you I met in high school. You enter high school and your told "these are the people you're going to see everyday for the next four years", and you're totally nervous about who you're going to meet. I know I was.

You spend four years with these people. You make life long friends, you get your first real boyfriend, you fall in love for the first time, get your heart broken for the first time, fight with your closest friends, stress about college and so on and so on. That's high school for ya. Before you know it, it's over. You're pushed out into a whole new world. Everyone goes in a completely different direction with their lives.

Honestly, if it wasn't for social media, I would have no clue what all of you are up to these days. Let me tell you though, it's crazy how much every one's lives have changed since high school. Some of you are still with your high school sweetheart. Some of you are getting your Master's Degree. Some of you already have amazing careers. Some of you are buying your first house. Most of you are married or getting married. Most are having babies or already have like three kids. Some of you guys aren't douche bags anymore. Sorry, but it's true. A lot of you dudes were douche bags. Just saying. Some of you moved away from Salisbury. Some of you moved to a different country. Some of you joined the military. Some of you are military wives just like me. Some of you are simply just trying to figure it all out.

I feel like now I am a better version of myself. I don't take crap from people like I use to. I speak my mind a lot more, hence this blog. I have more faith and optimism in myself. I believe in the things that I can accomplish. I open myself up to people more. I trust people more.  I have allowed a man to love me with all his might without ever questioning him. I learn more about myself everyday. I finally know who I am and who I want to be. All and all, I am a better Katie.

No matter how your life has turned out, we are not the same people we were in high school. I believe we are better versions of who we were. In a way, I am thankful for social media so that I can still keep in touch with most of you. I love knowing how everyone is doing. I get excited whenever someone gets engaged or pregnant. It's crazy how giddy I get. I bask in all your glories, no matter what they may be. It's kind of exciting to see how much we've all changed. I genuinely look forward to the next few years to see what all of you are up to.

Okay, enough reminiscing for one night! :)

Katie<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing what you have to say, so comment away! You can also reach me through e-mail @ khayman27@gmail.com! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...