Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Home sweet home!


This past weekend was a fabulous one if I do say so myself. I got to spend a lot of time with my best girls plus the Ravens won a tough game. Not sure if I've mentioned it before or not, but my husband and I are huge fans of Ravens football. I hated not watching the game with him, but the awesome outcome was worth it. Anyways, I had Sunday and Monday off so I decided to go to Maryland again, this time by myself. Jarrett didn't really feel like making the drive there again since we were just home two weeks prior. He decided to just stay home and spend some time with his parents while my main purpose of going home again was to see my friends. He would have definitely been bored out of his mind with me spending all my time with the girls.

Our last visit I didn't get to see any of my friends. This weekend worked out perfectly. Sunday, I got to spend most of my day with my friends Erica and Brooke. Erica, as I've stated before, and I have been best friends since middle school and been through a lot together, and now we are going through her having her first child. I am so excited for her and to be by her side as much as I can. I might find myself posting about babies now. It's hard not to think about babies and having one of your own when your best friend is pregnant. If you were wondering, and I'm sure many of you are, babies are still at least three years away for Jarrett and I. There are a lot of things we want to accomplish before we start a family. I definitely can't wait to experience it all, but for now, I'll just leave it to Erica.

Later on that evening I finally got to see Brooke. We had such a good time catching up and watching some football. I also got to hang out with her parents of which I love to death. I just love her family period. Before I left the house her mom took some awesome pictures of us in our football jerseys (even though Brooke is a Cowboys fan haha). Her mom always takes the best pictures. I was sad to leave her, but she knows I'll always be back.

The next day I got to visit with best friend #3, Christina. We went out to lunch then hung out back at my mom's for a little until I had to leave Maryland. Sophie was really glad to see Christina since she hadn't seen her since she was really little. We had a great time, and then mom got some really good pictures of us and Sophie. My younger brother Chris came over for a bit too, so he was able to get in a picture as well.

I use to hate taking pictures, but now I'm realizing that you have to capture those moments with the people you love the most. I'm not always going to be able to come home as much as I do. When I start working full time, it may be a while before I have free time again. Even worse, we could get stationed somewhere else. Somewhere that's far away. I come home a lot because I know eventually I won't be able to to this extent. It won't always be this easy. This is why I dedicate a post to my trips home. To me, regardless of what we do on our trips home, whether we go sky diving, or just hang out with family and friends doing nothing at all, these trips are worth the words on the page.

Katie<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing what you have to say, so comment away! You can also reach me through e-mail @ khayman27@gmail.com! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...