Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I'm back! :)



Hello world, I am finally back! Jarrett was on a two month trip to Georgia of which he, of course, took the laptop with him, and of which I never got the time to visit the library and update! Boo sorry everyone! :( I tried to use my Nook to update, but it didn't want to work. Blah! I keep telling Jarrett that we need a desktop computer for me when he's deployed. I can only go so long without a computer, and the Nook and my phone only do so much. Anyways, here are the last two months in a nut shell!

The week that Jarrett left, mom took her week long yearly vacation and came down, of which while she was here I somehow came down with pneumonia. Awesome. Not quit sure how I got it, but I did. I spent most of the day in the hospital hooked up to an IV because I was so dehydrated with a fever of 103. Nuts, I know. I then spent the next four days cooped up in the house with mom and the dogs. I felt so awful that I got so sick while my mom was visiting, but I was also really glad to have her there. You always want your mommy when you're sick, it doesn't matter how old you are.

So, after I finally got over pneumonia, my older brother, Matt, came to visit. He had a work seminar in Williamsburg, so he was in town for three days. Quality brother time, Busch Gardens, shopping and real food again was just the thing I needed. I feel like the older we get, the more close we become. I know I don't say this often, but I truly love having brothers. Both of my brothers are seriously amazing. I am so lucky to have them.

After plenty of family time, it was finally time for my weekend getaway to Georgia to visit Jarrett. It was the perfect weekend away from everything. We ate at some of the best Georgia restaurants, drove to Hilton Head to go shopping and check out the beach and spent some time in downtown Savannah at the River walk. We didn't have time to go to Paula Deen's restaurant though. Jarrett actually ended up going to her restaurant two times later on during his trip, but she wasn't there at the time. He then ended up going to her brother's restaurant, Uncle Bubba's of which she actually was there. He met her and got his picture taken with her. Needless to say, I was a tad bit jealous until he brought me back her dessert cookbook signed by her. I was then a happy camper. I wish my trip could have lasted longer, but it was well worth it.

Not long after I got back, my mom came back for a do-over vacation. This time, I didn't get sick. Thank the Lord. I also got to spend some time with the in laws while my mom was down. We took my mom on a little day trip to Yorktown and showed her the battle fields. My in laws have become quit the little tour guides when it comes to Yorktown. I think they know their way around Virginia as a whole better than Jarrett and me. Anyway, that day was a great day and it ended with me coming home to flowers and gourmet chocolates from Jarrett. Yes, I cried like a little baby when I saw them.

Although this seemed like the longest two months of my life, Jarrett came home on Monday and Leo and I could not be more happy.

Katie<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing what you have to say, so comment away! You can also reach me through e-mail @ khayman27@gmail.com! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...