Monday, September 16, 2013

Liebster Award x2

I've already been nominated for the Liebster Award once before and now I have been nominated again by the lovely Haylee from Jets and a Brunette! You must check out this awesome newlywed's blog! She is an Air Force wife just like me learning to deal with the Air Force life. Go check her out soon! I promise you will not be disappointed!
Basically, this award is an award that gets passed around to blogs that have under 200 followers. If you receive this award, you answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you, you nominate 11 more blogs for the award, you post your own 11 questions for those blogs that you've nominated and then you link back your post to the person who nominated you. This award is the perfect way to get your blog out there and for you to meet more people. I met many other great bloggers through being nominated the first time, and I hope to meet more bloggers this time around. Lets begin shall we!
 
1. What is your favorite post on your blog? My favorite post is probably the post where I told everyone that we were being stationed in Alaska. You can visit that post again here! I think it's my favorite because it was the most exciting news and I could not wait to share it with the blog world! It is hard to believe that it was not that long ago that I wrote that post and now here I am living out a dream of mine. God works in mysterious ways!
 
2. What does your typical Sunday look like? I swear my Sundays are all the same. I usually never work Sundays, so Jarrett and I are both off work that day. Now our Sundays consist of sleeping in a little, Jarrett cooking breakfast, us watching football while we eat breakfast(it comes on four hours early here), me getting some house chores done(laundry, cleaning, etc.), maybe running some errands and doing a little shopping, later on cooking dinner, taking Leo for a nice long walk and then us just hanging out until bed. Hopefully we will find a church soon and be able to make church the main part of our Sunday off.
3. Who is your best friend and why? I am lucky enough to have more than one best friend. It is hard to pick from them all, but I will be cliche and pick my husband. I know a lot of wives say that their husband is their best friend, but mine really is my husband. He is my best friend, husband, father to our doxie and future children, my lover, the person who makes me laugh the most and he is a constant happiness in my life.
 
4. What is your favorite hobby? I like to do a lot of things in my spare time, but I think that reading is my favorite hobby. There is nothing like sitting in my papasan chair with the TV off in complete silence reading a really good book. Preferably Nicholas Sparks novels. Lately I have been so busy and have rarely had the time to sit down and read. I still need to finish Mocking Jay. Yep, I am very behind in finishing that series, but hope to have the time to do so soon.
 
5. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? Sweet Tea. I LOVE it! Lately I have been drinking half and half, half lemonade and half sweet tea. So delicious. I may live in Alaska now, but you cannot take the southern sweet tea lover out of me!

6. Are you a spender or a saver? Explain. I honestly feel like a little bit of both. I have always been pretty good with my money and usually pretty good with saving money when there is something for me to save for, but I sometimes I find myself splurging more on myself than I should. I usually pay a lot on my credit card each paycheck, but I still spend more with it then I pay back sometimes. I am trying to get to the point where I pay back exactly the amount that I spent that month. I love to shop, but I ALWAYS make sure that bills are paid for before I buy anything! If I don't have much money left over after bills, I will not buy anything for myself.
7. Tell me one thing you dislike about the city/town you currently live in. Welp, where do I begin? Haha just kidding, but seriously! I love living in Alaska so far, but the hardest part is living sooooo far away from everyone. I hate it. I mean, I like the privacy that Jarrett and I have now and we don't have everyone breathing down our necks 24/7, but I loved only being a couple of hours away from our family and I loved having Jarrett's mom and step dad living two seconds away from us. I also hate the time difference. We are four hours behind everyone and half the time when I get the time to sit down and talk on the phone or Facetime, it is time for everyone back home to go to sleep for the night. I know we won't live here forever, but I kind of hope we are only here for our four years and that we go back to Virginia.

8. Complete the sentence: When I "grow up", I want to be ... a career woman, a mother of three, a Master's degree holder and just happy! 

9. Dogs or cats? Explain. Welp, I grew up with a cat and while I do love cats, I love dogs more. I began to really love dogs when Jarrett and I first started dating. About a week or so after we started dating, Jarrett got a Chocolate Lab puppy named Jet. It was love at first sight when I saw that little guy for the first time! He was the sweetest dog ever. That is where it all began. Then I fell in love with Dachshunds when my mom got her dachshund Sophie. Jarrett and I knew we had to get one of our own. We have had Leo for a little over a year now and he is the most sweetest little doxie ever. We are in the process of looking for another puppy too! Updates to come soon!
 
10. What's one thing you're looking forward to? Next year when my best friend Christina comes to visit in March or April and when my mom and brothers come visit in June or July! I cannot wait for visitors! I am so excited for everyone to see Alaska for the very first time! It will be amazing for all of us!

11. What purse or bag are you currently carrying? Well, this morning I was carrying my English Rose Vera Bradley purse, but then I spilt my Starbucks drink all on it and had to wash it after work. I am now currently carrying one of my older Coach purses. It's good to switch up purses every now and then even if they are old ones. I usually use a purse once for a while and never use it again because it's not new anymore. Stupid thing to do. I have older Vera Bradley purses in my closet that look brand spanking new and need to be used again!
 
Now, I nominate...
1. Chelsea at Anchors Aweigh
2. Elizabeth at Army Ever After
3. Mackenzie at Bell Bliss
4. Katherine at The Newsome's Nest
6. Savannah, Nicole and Jamie at Fearless
8. Victoria at Anchored by Faith
11. Lindsey at Lounging with Lindsey
 
My Questions:
1. How long have you been blogging?
2. What is your biggest fear? Explain.
3. What kind of blog do you run? (Military wife, lifestyle, mommy blog, food blog, etc.)
4. What is one thing that you would change if you could?
5. What are your pet peeves? Explain.
6. If you could travel anywhere for two weeks, where would you go?
7. If you visited or moved to Alaska and saw a moose for the first time, would you freak out?
8. What is your favorite girl name and boy name?
9. What is your all time favorite movie?
10. What are your hopes for the future?
11.What do you hope to accomplish by blogging? Explain. 
 

post signature

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing what you have to say, so comment away! You can also reach me through e-mail @ khayman27@gmail.com! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...