Sunday, April 15, 2012

Home sweet home!




This weekend we went home to have some quality time with our families! Taking little weekend trips to Maryland is something we do quit often, and I love it! This weekend was full of gorgeous weather, a windy Ocean City outing, new wallets for the hubby and me, the purchase of a Dachshund book(getting all prepared for our little guy) and delicious food with both our families! Actually, every time we go home our weekend is filled with lots and lots of good food whether we are going out or eating in. Saturday night we celebrated Jarrett's birthday with his dad, step mom, sister and my mom at Backstreet Grill. The food was amazing and Jarrett's dad brought him a yummy birthday cake. It was so great to spend time with them since we don't get to see them often! Today we went to my dad's for a scrumptious lunch! One of the things I miss the most is my dad's home cooking. I'm sure I've told you before, but he is fantastic at cooking. For lunch he made a huge ham, sweet potato casserole, scalloped potatoes and creamed spinach with strawberry/cranberry jello and banana pudding for dessert! Ah Heaven! I tell you, it is really the simple things in life that make me the most happy! The wind brushing against my face, the sand between my toes, the laughs and smiles of the ones I love and even the long, straight ride back to Virginia has made me so happy this weekend. I will carry this happiness with me for the week ahead full of a lot of Hallmark, lots and lots of full job searching and extremely long work hours for the hubby!

Katie<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing what you have to say, so comment away! You can also reach me through e-mail @ khayman27@gmail.com! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...