Happy Friday everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful week. My week was good except for Jarrett leaving for a few weeks, but all of us military wives know that it could be so much worse. I will take my two and a half weeks gladly and be thankful even though I already miss him so much. Since he left two days ago, the puppies have been just a tad bit rebellious and have been driving me a little crazy.
1. Since Jarrett left I have been coming home for lunch everyday to check on the pups. Yesterday, I came home for lunch and this is what I saw from Lucy's crate. Now, usually she's perfectly fine in her crate and she never chews on her bed. I guess that is over and I guess she is mad about her daddy leaving. She tore her bed all up in pieces. This picture does not even do it justice. I basically had to vacuum the entire family room. Needless to say, I was livid when I came home and the rest of her bed went to the dumpster. Nice Lucy. Real nice.
2. This happens too whenever Jarrett leaves. Leo likes to go crazy with the food and water bowls. He started this years ago and now he has Lucy's bowls to fling all over the place too. Sometimes I find the bowls in the most odd places. I once found them under the couch, under the kitchen table and I once found one of the bowls upstairs. I am very tempted to try and film him throughout the day to see what he really does. I bet it would be a hilarious video to watch. Lucy doesn't seem to mind it though. As you can see, she'll eat the food regardless of whether it is in her bowl or on the floor.
3. I know, I know. Look at that face. How could I be mad at him. I was pretty mad when he did it yesterday, but today I just laughed and took pictures. I have no clue how to get him to stop doing this. It's like his signature thing to do when he realizes his daddy is gone. I love Leo to death, but I am getting just a wee bit tired of cleaning up his messes. He might be cute, but he is one messy boy.
4. And then there are sweet moments like getting kisses from my baby girl that make all the puppy chaos all worth it in the end. I came home from work today and of course both puppies were all wound up and ready to play. Once they have played and chased each other around the house seven billion times, they calm down and want to cuddle with mommy. I think they are finally realizing just how stressed I have been since Jarrett left. I know it's only two and a half weeks, but I have so much going on and I am so crazy busy. I get into a routine and that routine changes a lot when Jarrett is gone. I guess I just want the puppies to act like perfect angels for me when I get home from work so that they do not add to my stress. For those of you that are dog owners, you know that won't always be the case, but when they are all calm down and all they want is to be by your side, that is what makes all the hectic moments worth it. That is when my stress level goes down.
5. And then there is this gem. After I got home from work, it decided to get even colder and a lovely blizzard came with the temperature drop. I decided to lay down and watch a movie since I definitely wasn't going to go out in all that crap. At one point I realized that the dogs were very quite and then I noticed that they were both on the top of the couch watching the snow fall together. My heart melted when I took this picture. How perfect are these two together? These little moments remind me that I am a great fur mommy and that I am going to be a great mommy when it is these two and a new born baby to take care of during a TDY or deployment.