Monday, March 10, 2014

Weekend stuff

Happy Monday everyone! I'm sad that the weekend is over, but it was a great one as usual. Friday night after work I went out and did a little retail therapy since Jarrett wouldn't be getting off early. I went to Old Navy and got some amazing deals on clearance items. I also got the flats above for literally $2.95. What a steal on flats. Love them. After Old Navy I decided to treat myself to some Avalanche Frozen Yogurt. Oh so yummy. 

Saturday I worked and then came home to my wonderful hubby cooking a steak dinner for us. He made steak, mashed potatoes with bacon bits and shredded cheese on top and baked beans. Steak is one of my absolute favorites that he makes. He always cooks it perfectly. After dinner, I was a very sweet wife and I went and got us ice cream from Marble Slab Creamery. Yeah we have an obsession with frozen yogurt and ice cream which is weird considering we live in Alaska. After we ate our ice cream it was cuddle time with the puppies. I think we all fell asleep at some point. Saturday nights are just plain exhausting. 

Yesterday we lost an hour of sleep, so we both slept until about 11:30. I haven't slept that late since college, but it was definitely needed. We got up, did laundry and then went to the BX for some lunch and for Jarrett to get some supplies for his trip to Florida on Wednesday. After we got home, we played with the pups for a little bit and then we left to go to the shooting range in Matanuska. I haven't been to the range in about two years so it felt so good to finally get back to it. I love shooting because it's a hobby that my hubby and I can do together. I'm so glad that he taught me how to shoot a little over three years ago. On the way to the range I was able to get some really good pictures of the snow covered mountains. They are so gorgeous!  

When we got home from the shooting range, we took the puppies for a nice long walk. Now that the sun is staying up longer we have more daylight and time to take them on more walks. There is nothing like getting all bundled up and taking them on a nice long walk while viewing the snow covered mountains all around us. It's a wonderful feeling.

We ended our weekend by cooking dinner together and watching The Walking Dead. Perfect. Now, I will leave you with my sweet girl, Lucy, to start your week off right! Isn't she adorable? 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing what you have to say, so comment away! You can also reach me through e-mail @ khayman27@gmail.com! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...