Sunday, March 25, 2012

Random Acts of Courage!

I found this amazing Christian radio station here called K-Love and I absolutely love it! The DJ's are awesome and always know exactly what to say to lift my spirits. The afternoon DJ, Amanda Carroll, said something last week that really hit home for me. She was talking about how she had been putting off doing her taxes because she had never done them before and she was afraid. She was so fearful of messing them up, so she just kept putting it off. She then went on to talk about the phrase "Random Acts of Kindness" and how maybe we should think "Random Acts of Courage" too when it comes to doing things that scare us. Lets face it, there are so many things that scare us. Although it may be hard, we should all take the time every now and then to do something that puts us out of our comfort zone.

This blog has really put me out of my comfort zone. You might think that saying how I feel comes natural for me, but this is not the case. I have always had a lot to say, but was always fearful of other's reactions to my words. Would someone take offense to my words? How would what I say affect my image? What would others think of me? Well, I'm done worrying about what other's think. If someone doesn't like this blog then who cares! I sure don't! Everyone is going to judge you. There is no way around it. You can't please everyone. You just have to have courage everyday in whatever you are doing. Starting this blog is just one of the many random acts of courage that I plan on achieving throughout my life.

Another RAC was finding a new church to start attending. Although I still attend my church back in Maryland when I come home, Jarrett and I have been thinking way too long about finding a church here, but we never really acted on it. Well, my in laws just relocated here and they were obviously looking for a new church as well. Jarrett mentioned that there was a really great church in Yorktown that some of his co-workers attend, so before we knew it, we were visiting Northside Christian Church. We visited the church last Sunday, and we immediately felt at home. Sometimes you just need to take a leap of faith and jump in. After the service was over, I felt this huge sign of relief. I felt joy. We visited the church again today and still felt that feeling of joy. That feeling that this was where God wanted me to be. Sometimes when we take a leap of faith and do a random act of courage, we end up right where we're supposed to be!

what is courage?

Katie<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing what you have to say, so comment away! You can also reach me through e-mail @ khayman27@gmail.com! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...