Thursday, March 29, 2012

Puppy time!

So everyone keeps asking Jarrett and I when we are going to get a puppy. We are hoping that it will be sometime this summer if everything goes as planned. Jarrett is so calm and cool about this whole thing, but me, I'm freaking out! He's had a dog practically his whole life and I have had two gold fish, a hamster and a cat. I'm literally stressing out over this and I know I shouldn't, but that's how it is usually is for me when it comes to adding new things to my life. As you can see, I don't do good with change, but I always try and embrace it with open arms no matter how scared I am. Recently, my mom finally got the puppy that she's always dreamed of: a dachshund.
This is Sophie and she is a dachshund/chihuahua mix. I just love her. She is the most amazing puppy. My mom got her about a year ago and since she got her I have learned a lot about how to take care of a puppy. I'm still nervous about getting one, but the fact that my mom has one and that I have gotten to see first hand what it's like has made me a little less apprehensive. Jarrett doesn't understand why I'm stressing about this, but I like to have a plan for everything. Jarrett is impulsive and I am certainly not. When it comes to this puppy, I am planning out the financial side of the process and trying to plan out taking care of it between our schedules. Everyone acts like it is so easy to just get a dog and be done with it. To me, getting a dog is not like buying a piece of candy; it takes thought and planning of which shouldn't be taken lightly. In a way, it's just like having a baby. You can't just rush into something without having a plan.

Anyway, I know this whole puppy thing will work out. I just have to stop stressing over it and let everything come together on it's own. Another thing to figure out is what kind of puppy to get. There are so many kinds of dogs that we both love, but we have to get a small dog because of our apartment complex. We also have to choose a puppy that doesn't get very big. Here are the three puppies that we are trying to pick between.

Jarrett has recently become obsessed with white pugs! They are so adorable, but the all white ones are VERY expensive and hard to find.

I have become obsessed with dachshunds since my mom got hers. I specifically love the mini dachshunds.

Jarrett found the cutest puppy ever that he saw on a commercial one day. This is a bella pomeranian. Ahhhhh so adorable. It looks like a little bear or something!

Next year we will probably get a bigger apartment, so I had brought up the idea of getting one puppy now (Jarrett's pick) and then if we have enough room, getting another puppy which would be my pick, so we both end up getting the one we want! I guess we'll just have to see what happens! :)

Katie<3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing what you have to say, so comment away! You can also reach me through e-mail @ khayman27@gmail.com! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...