Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Done standing still!


I seriously think that when you turn twenty five, a light bulb goes off in your head. While I haven't been twenty five long, I feel as if I am finally starting to figure everything out. Not that I am a person that never has things figured out because I'm not. I have always been the girl that planned and planned and planned for EVERYTHING. In high school I of course thought about my future and what I would be when I grew up. We all think about who we are going to be. I was never that person that had that one thing that they were good at. Nowadays it seems like everyone is good at one thing and then they go to college for that one thing and then they do that one thing as a career for the next thirty some years. Since I didn't really know what that one thing was, I took the business type route because that was the route that my father took. I was so focused on getting my business degree from our community college and then transferring to our university to specialize in a more in depth business major, and then I met my husband.

I then became a military girlfriend, something I never thought I would be. Then I was in a long distance relationship which turned into me being a military fiancé and then a military wife. My whole outlook on the future changed. I was thinking about being a military wife and all of the responsibilities that came with it. I was thinking about the life that we would have together and all of the things I may have to sacrifice. I stopped thinking about my education and career. I literally only thought about marrying Jarrett and moving to Virginia with him. Well because my husband is so darn amazing, he continued to push me to obtain my education and then move with him, so I did. I finished my business degree from the community college and then transferred to the university. I then realized that I wanted to pursue a degree for me. I pursued my Bachelor's in English Literature instead. At that point, I just wanted to graduate with some sort of degree and move with my husband. I still really didn't care about anything except being with him.

Right now in my life, I have never been more determined to have a career and be a military wife at the same time. I am determined to show everyone that it can be done. As I've stated before, even with my degree, I have had a rough time finding the right full time job for me. I thought it would be easy and non-stressful, but I was so wrong. This was one big disaster that I had NEVER planned on. I found myself standing still, not knowing what to do. Well, I am not standing still anymore. After much considerable thought, I have decided to go for my Master’s online in either English or Business. I figure I will do it all online just in case we get transferred to another state. It will be so much easier for me to accomplish if I do it online. I do feel lucky to have any kind of job right now even if it is just retail, but I do intend on still trying to find a full time job. I wouldn't mind working full time and going to school at the same time. For the first time in a while, I feel like my head is on straight. I actually want to pursue a career in both of my fields. Not just one career, but possibly two. I think I want to obtain my Master's in Business Administration and work my way up the ranks at a really good company. I can honestly see myself being some sort of corporate queen. I wouldn't mind it at all. I could do so many things with a Master's in Business. Even my English degree would lend a hand in a business environment.

Aside from the whole business career, I really want to use my English degree meaningfully as well. Writing and reading has always been a passion of mine. This passion has never died in me. The biggest thing that I want to do in my life is write a book series. There are so many amazing authors out there and I want to be one of them. I want to be the female Nicholas Sparks. Honestly I do. His books are so inspiring and the stories are phenomenal. I could only be so lucky to come up with stories as wonderful as his. I either want to write a romance series or a series for teen girls. I'm not sure quite yet, but I want to write something incredible. I use to think that I wanted to have a publishing career and help discover those remarkable authors, but after a lot of thought, I really want to be one of those authors. Who knows, maybe this blog will be turned into a book. Hey a girl can dream right, and this girl is certainly dreaming. Okay I have certainly rambled on long enough about further education and career aspirations. I just had to get it all out there and boy do I sure feel better.

Katie<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing what you have to say, so comment away! You can also reach me through e-mail @ khayman27@gmail.com! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...