Tuesday, June 19, 2012

7 years ago sometime this month!

Us when we were 18!

Us 7 years later at 25!

I can't remember the exact day in June that we met for the first time, but I know it was in June. We were 18 when we met at the restaurant that we worked at. We knew eachother for 8 months before Jarrett finally asked me on a date. Took him long enough. Haha! Yeah, there's not really too much of a difference in the pictures above, but I really do think we look older in the second one. I somewhat feel that 18 year old mentality in the first picture and that "we're a bit wiser now" feeling in the second. And we are wiser now. We have been through SO much in these past 7 years. I would literally be here forever if I tried to retrace our steps. We have grown from two immature 18 year olds who had no clue to two strong willed 25 year olds who are working hard towards hopes and dreams. We have had to learn a lot of things the hard way, but we learned them and are better for them. We had to grow up FAST. Military life came way too fast. We were dating one minute and then before I knew it, he went off to boot camp and we were married four years later. Where does the time go? It's amazing how the years just fly by. Pretty soon we'll be starting a family of our own, our kids will be grown and then we'll be grandparents before we even know it. Yikes I'm getting way too ahead of myself. But this is all so true. Life moves so quick. Even though it seems fast, I can't wait for the next 7 years and forever with Jarrett. I can't wait till we are old, sitting on the porch in our rocking chairs at 6 o'clock in the morning, watching the sun come up.

Katie<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for your comments! I love hearing what you have to say, so comment away! You can also reach me through e-mail @ khayman27@gmail.com! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...